Client Assistance Program (CAP)
The Mississippi Client Assistance Program (MSCAP) is a federal grant to the State of Mississippi to provide advocacy services for clients and client applicants of the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Vocational Rehabilitation for the Blind, and the Independent Living programs.
MSD is the administrator of this federal grant as designated by the past five Governors of the State of Mississippi.
All of these programs are a part of the Mississippi Department of Rehabilitation Services (MDRS).
There is no fee charged for any service provided by the MSCAP. Statewide services are provided on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to race, color, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.
CAP Brochures and Audios
EnglishMS Cap Brochure PDF MS CAP Brochure Audio
SpanishMS CAP Brochure (Spanish) MS CAP Brochure Audio (Spanish)
How we can help you:
We will explain what services Vocational Rehabilitation provides and answer any questions you may have. Our director will explain how your eligibility is determined and resolve communication problems which may arise between you and your counselor. The CAP Program will investigate your complaints and will assist you in the appeal process, which can include informal reviews, mediation, or formal hearings. References to other resources or agencies will be offered when appropriate.
You have a right to:
- A fair and complete evaluation to determine eligibility within 60 days of application.
- A written explanation if you are determined ineligible for services.
- Make an appeal of any agency decision or action.
- Confidentiality of all records and reports.
- Exercise informed choice regarding your vocational goal and services needed to reach that goal.
- Expect quality rehabilitation services provided on a timely basis.
CLIENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
P.O. BOX 4958
JACKSON, MS 39296
TOLL FREE: 800-962-2400